Friday, December 2, 2011

Meek & Quiet

Lately my thoughts go in all these crazy directions. I'm learning so much and so much seems to be coming slowly, but really quickly - as if that makes a lot of sense. Anyway. I'm having the hardest time processing it all. It seems that just as soon as I get past one thing, something else comes up.

And it seems to always be a lesson in there somewhere. Something to share or encourage or whatever. As I have recently started facilitating a study with a small group of which I am part, the Lord has been giving me object lessons. In the form of .... you gotta see this coming... my guy. (U know all this makes my head hurt, right?)

Couple this with the very specific ways I'm praying for him right now and you have a very ...um... a very... "challenged" me.

Last week was on the words we speak and the reasons why. And the verses were Ephesians 4:29 and Luke 6:45. Both of which convicted me like nobody's business.

And this week. This week the topic is humility. And I've already told ya'll how me and pride have been buds since I was a little thing. The passage is Philippians 2:3-8.

Oh boy. All this is so much more than a notion.

Every couple has those hot-button topics. We are no different. Aside from a couple of family issues, this is really the only area where we have a CONSTANT battle. And seriously, a sister is just a little worn out by it all. This is one of those 'honor him but obey God moments.' And the lesson for me is clearly in the ability to speak with wisdom and also in the ability to HUMBLY address my dude. Both these areas are enough to send me screaming for the hills. If you know me at all, you know that this is asking a whole lot of me right now.

One would think that eventually my sweet honey would recognize that pushing for it to be his way and to be different is not working. This is not a situation where either of us is in control, after all. I suppose I am, more than him, but I cannnot do what he's asking on this one - because the Lord has told me to do quite the opposite.

There has been not one conversation the last two weeks that does not center around this hot-spot. And it's bothersome. Really it is. He's frustrated with me, because everytime he tells me to address it, I say 'ok'. He feels patronized. But he's not being patronized. I AM addressing it. Me and Jesus talk about it pretty regularly. And that's gotta be enough for now because that's where He's told me to leave it. And Im frustrated with him because well. DUDE. FOR REAL. How much longer is this gonna be all you can think of? It always works out, after all.

Can I just get a brother to relax?

And call ya'll pray for a sister to have that gentle (meek), quiet spirit that Jesus talks so much about?

Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment