Saturday, August 11, 2012

Who Am I?

This is a really interesting question. It was posed to me on yesterday and I stared blankly at the man who asked.

And proceeded to give him my first name.

Again, he asks me 'who ARE you?'

So I gave him my LAST name.

Once again, 'But Rosheeda, who ARE you?'

And once again. He gets no answer.

So he decides to explain to me what he means:
"My name is Mr. X. I am a brother, son, father, teacher. I do x, y, z thing. Yadda yadda. Whoop-tee-woo..."

And again, I'm looking at him like, whatever man.

Now, I understood the question he was asking. I just wasn't sure he was due the privilege of an answer. Because after all, who I am, is a pretty personal question.

In all his talking, Mr. X did make one very good point: Most people can't answer the question, because they don't really know who they were made to be. They don't really know themselves, to give a true response.

He's right. We work so hard to become who people expect us to be, or who we THINK we should be. Very rarely do most people discover who they were really CREATED to be. And even more rarely, do most people walk in that revelation.

I've been allowed to unlock the doors that reveal to me who I am. And who I was created to be. And I've been given the privilege of working to get to the place where the two are now the same.

So.

If someone asked you "Who are you?", what would you tell them?

Would you even know the answer yourself?

Something to think about...

Ro

No comments:

Post a Comment