Wednesday, August 1, 2012

TOO BAD I FORGOT

... I've been so busy WORKING, I have been real lax in just ENJOYING my relationship with the Lord.

I am a worker. I am a servant. And because of that part of my DNA, I dont know how to be served or how just to take it all in. For me, it becomes a concentrated effort to relax and just be still enough to enjoy.

One of the most special things of all this journeying I've been doing is knowing the Lord as intimately as I do. As Father, Friend, Master, Saviour, Lover. I never imagined something so sweet. And sometimes, I take our friendship for granted.

And even more sad, I turn it into me WORKING to have His love, favor, grace, mercy, whatever.

It dawned on me last night, in my frustration with my imperfection, that maybe I just need to relax and come back to the heart of the matter, which really is just to enjoy Him.Just to LOVE Him.

*sigh* It is so hard to remember to rest in Him, rather than to do so much work FOR Him that I forget He's my Ace.

What a sweet day today, just realizing how great He is and how much He loves me. Nice to know that knowing God for real isn't something you only see in a movie or read in a book, or something that existed only during the life and times of MOSES.

Glad God is real - and glad I got a chance to relax and remember and bask in...

later!

No comments:

Post a Comment