Saturday, August 11, 2012

Today

is better than Saturday.

Significantly.

It's really kinda eerie,actually. lately I've been up early, and God has had lots to say. But today, right now. He's silent.

Which is strange.

The conclusion to all my ranting is this: God is still God. Grace is due because grace has been given. Forgiveness and grace. These things are two cornerstones for us. And although that could seem sad, it really isn't. Every trial and every test does more to show us that we have the foundation it takes to last a lifetime.

This moment's pain does not have to be tomorrow's regret.

The mistakes we make as people do not have to categorize our lives.

My foundation with Christ.. the cornerstones are forgiveness and grace, love and commitment.

If we're gonna reflect Him in us, then it would only be fitting that our cornerstones are the same. Forgiveness, grace, love and commitment.

I dont know what's next. Not how it looks or how I will feel. Not what it will cost either of us. But I do know this: God is faithful and just to keep His promises. What we see is not always what truly is, and how we feel is often-times not a reflection of God's perspective.

My feelings, they're real. My frustration and all that. It's legitimate.

But the fact is this: God says 'get over it'. He says look at it and see past it. See with My heart and My eyes. Love him anyway. Forgive because I have forgiven you.

To take a stand against what God calls right is to negate my claim that God is my everything. To disobey now is to forfeit all that I've worked for and stood for.

To turn my back now costs too much. His life matters more than my pride. God's work in my man is significantly more important than my right to ... anything.

And lemme just keep it real. He's not the only flawed one. I have my own foolishness too. And even though I'm the one dolin' out significant grace right now, there will be a day before it's all said and done when HE will be the one having to forgive me a transgression that leaves him wounded and vulnerable to something that can only be fixed by God's direct intervention. Not because I plan to do something silly, but because I'm human. Extremely human. It's almost inevitable that he's gonna pay a cost for me too.

Love keeps no record of wrongs. It does not envy or boast. It always hopes, always trusts,always perseveres. Love never fails... When I was a child I spoke as a child, reasoned as a child. When I became a man I put away childish things.

Lord,
That we may be characterized by grace. May we each forgive as You have forgiven us. May we keep no record of wrongs. May we each count the other as better than ourselves. May we walk in love and respect. Father, that we would find favor in eachother's sight. That Love would prevail and that pain would not rob us of the promise. I am my beloved's and he is mine. You wouldn't have brought us here if we couldn't get past this pain. This I believe with all my heart. For my poor sight, forgive me. For where I've missed his need. Forgive me. Release us Father into our promised land. Utterly destroy any attempt to put asunder what You have put together. Forgiveness,grace, love, commitment, humility, honesty, integrity,dignity, faithfulness, uncommon friendship. Lord let these words be the words of our story. Time i get past the 'why me' and enjoy the privilege of a front-row seat and a backstage pass to such a wonderful work of Your hands. Give us the answer we need God. Show us how to walk in wisdom for sweet boy and how to give our best to him. Show us how to love our enemy. Help us to look with compassion and usher them into Your intimacy through our prayers and our love. God help us as a couple to stand united and to present a clear picture of God at work in all things for our good and Your glory. I have failed to respect. He has failed to love. And together that makes us perfect candidates for restoration and redemption. We need you. Help me to take my right position and to do the things that are becoming of a woman who's banner is You. Help him to do the same as a man, entrusted with a gift of Your heart. We are flawed and imperfect. Often times we fail. But God, at the end of the day, all we want is abundant life. Life full of You. This unorthodox road... it would be enough to frighten anyone. But Father, let it not be a thing of fear, but an invitation to know You for real for real. Deeply and truly and in such a way that noone can shake the faith that You want so deeply to bestow. Let it not be a wedge between us, but a bond. Father, that we may be one.

for us both, and in Jesus' name.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment