Sunday, August 12, 2012

Change Is The Only Constant We Really Have

"The only thing that is normal is change."

Those are words I have yet to truly accept.

As much as I have experienced and endured change, I gotta admit, this concept is one of the hardest for me to grasp.

I do not like change. I never have.

Because it means that I am no longer 'comfortable'. And that just messes me all up.

But I have to admit, as I go, I realize that the dislike of change is really just fear in a very clever disguise. Fear of the cost, fear of loss, fear of the unknown. It's just fear. And it's not at all of the Lord. Because that isn't a spirit that He gives to us.

One thing that has dawned on me fresh and new, again and again lately, is that God is sovereign. Absolutely sovereign. So there is no reason to be afraid or unsure, if you are walking in His Will. He's gonna do what He says. If He speaks it, He has to honor it. And not only does He have to, He wants to. He delights in giving us the desires of our hearts. And then to top all that off, He is powerful enough to do anything He chooses. So the promises that He makes, He's not making them based on IF He can do it. He's making them BECAUSE He can do it.

Cling to that, and just rest in it the next time you start to think a situation, cirucmstance, or person is too big for God.

Love ya'll.

No comments:

Post a Comment