Monday, October 10, 2011

This Election And What-Have-You

XBOX Wife Ten Things Tuesday

I thought I'd join in this week, since I remembered before the week was already up!

  1. I cannot describe my joy that this election is almost over. I am not big on politics to begin, but this campaign has really grated on my nerves.
  2. I am grateful for the privilege of voting. It is a responsibility but also a huge honor.
  3. BE WARNED - I'M GOIN' THERE. I feel an extreme elation with regards to Barack Obama even just having the opportunity to run for office. Whether or not I agree with some or all of his politics and policies - and whether or not he wins - his representation of the black community is commendable. He is well-spoken, articulate, well-thought, and his family is his center - as much is obvious by watching he and his wife. I wasn't sure I'd ever see this opportunity for someone who looks like me and I count it a blessing that our community has that privilege.
  4. I am also grateful that I have such a diverse circle of friends. We are from such diverse backgrounds and ethnicities. I love that there is friendship to be found in so many different ways and perspectives.
  5. I am grateful for my relationship with the Lord. I have learned so much in the past few years - the things that come only from cultivating a genuine relationship with Him. Blogging presents so many different views of faith, many of them uber-conservative, and knowing Him for myself is helping me to form convictions that are truly mine.
  6. I burned myself pretty severely last week. It is healing and I am not hurting finally. YAY!!!
  7. I have also had the sinus infection from h*ll. It is FINALLY clearing up! WOO-HOO!!!!!
  8. Fall. The leaves are gorgeous. The temperature is pretty mild. And it reminds me of the way life cycles.
  9. Learning to relax with Chu. It's nice. We're growing and becoming more and more one. It's special.
  10. Grace. I am a heap of filthy rags. God loves me more than He hates my mess.

Stop by Jill's place and join us!


No comments:

Post a Comment