Monday, October 3, 2011

Thankful - Hard Conversations




Ok. I realize that I waited til almost tomorrow to post, but here goes anway. :-)

My thankful today is this:

Me and my dude were talking just a bit ago and the conversation got a little uncomfortable. Nothing bad, but one of those areas that has always been a landmine for us. One of the things about how I do things that he just doesn't get. Because we are looking from different points of view.

I was like 'here we go. We've had this great day and now this.' To my utter shock, we just TALKED. We didn't fight it didn't get tense. We just talked. And it's cool.

The thanks is this: 2 months ago, we would not have talked. We would have had a really 'ANIMATED' discussion and would have been severely 'relationally challenged' for a day or two.

We are growing. Getting better at this communication thing. And buidling a much deeper intimacy with eachother. We've been on the phone ALL DAY. (like neither of us has a job)

Six months ago, that would certainly not have been the case.

Change is good people, very good.

Go see Iris. See ya'll next time!

Blessings,
Ro

No comments:

Post a Comment