Sunday, April 3, 2011

Family


You know, family so often is the source of frustration, tension, hurt, and conflict. But they're still family.

As I'm working thru some things, what I realized yesterday during a conversation with a friend is that my family is seriously ride-or-die. The last few years have been difficult and stressful, but as flawed and as messed up as we all are, they love me. Beyond a shadow of a doubt. And I love them the same.

There's not a thing in this world that they wouldn't do for me or give for me if I needed. As many trials as have come our way, there have been that many more great moments to recall and hold tightly. My will and theirs may not always match. My passions and theirs may be different from each other. And my perspective on life, faith, love and lots of things may be based on a different set of experiences pesonally than theirs. But none of that - absolutely none of that - changes the fact that what they want for me is what I want for myself: God's very best for my life.

They love Him. They love me. And at some point, those two will fall in line together, and His best for me will look the same for us all.

As one season ends and another begins, I am recognizing what a gift family is. We go thru seasons together. And sometimes separately. We learn together. But sometimes at different paces. No matter, family is ALWAYS family. Love is love. And right now, that means the world to me.

The season is changing. The landscape of my family is changing. We have gained some people; we will lose some. There will be births and deaths, marriages and divorces, and always that blacksheep. But even with all that, we are all that we have. And I cherish them.

Lord, thank you for the family You've given me... Thank you that they love me with a passion that really is nothing short of amazing. As transition knocks on our door, please ready us. Hold us close, make us brave, teach us how. Not our will, but Yours. Not our way, but Yours. Forgive us. Cleanse us and move us into the large place that You have reserved just for us. Reveal destinies, break curses, destroy strongholds. Open eyes and ears, hearts, minds, and spirits to experience You in a new fresh way. Keep Your promises to our fathers and their fathers before them. As for me and my house, we will serve You alone, Oh God. We will serve You alone.

In Christ' holy name, amen.

Iris is the host of this meme. Pop in and visit. There's lots more of this good stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment