Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Him... Me... Us...

It seems like I post so seldom lately. And really it's not for lack of something on my mind. Just the desire to blog seems to ebb here lately more than flow.

I've been in this season of learning, and so much has been between me and Chu, about me and Chu and I just haven't wanted to give that yet. But I can say that my heart seems to have opened wide up with him lately, and his with me. And it seriously is the sweetest thing ever.

I have wanted so long to find refuge in him. It seemed like that would just never come. And I really struggled with that.

Honestly, there have been a lot of things that concern us that I've struggled with for a good while.

Don't get me wrong. I love him. Always have. And he's always loved me. But we had really made a mess of things and even though I know what the Lord has said, it has certainly not always looked good for the hometeam.

This year started off with me goin back and forth about whether or not I really wanted this - whether I could really deal with all that he brings to my life. If u were reading around this time last year, it is obvious by my last few posts that our relationship has been a huge source of contention between me and my people.

But God said so.

And quite frankly, I doubt I could've walked away if I had tried.

And so I didn't try. I figured that I had done crazy stuff in every other part of my life - that NOBODY thought was good or right (or even from God - but that's another post for another day), so why the heck not follow Him and be alone in this one too.

Outside my salvation and decision to serve the Lord with my life, that decision has been probably the single best decision of my life. More impactful than anything else I have ever done or will ever do.

Truly I've learned he's God's best for me.

God's grace is so real to me when I look at him. When I think about the way we began and where we are now, I am left speechless.

Our relationship is nothing short of a testimony to God's faithfulness and the impact our actions have on others.

Obedience has been better than sacrifice - and I'm sure it will continue to be.

This journey we're taking together is phenomenal and I can say that I am privileged to be his.

Just tought I'd share.

I'll be back - probably sooner, rather than later!



No comments:

Post a Comment