Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Another Granny-ism

'Baby you can't both be in high-gear. Somebody's got to take the low gear.'

*sigh*

I would really do well to remember this.

Lord,

Please soften my heart. You know your kid and my ability to bite my tongue. This is new territory for me - for us both - and I need some help. As You teach me to respect Chu properly, as You answer my prayers for him, please help me to hold on to the fact that your grace is sufficient for me - for us. I need You. Make me look like the wife You have created me to be for this man. Fix ME. Soften my heart to love Chu in the way that pleases you. Soften my heart to his leadership. Help me not to resist this learning season as he begins to understand what headship looks like for him as a man, and as a husband to me. We are both afraid of failing, both afraid of messing things up. Help us Lord to cling to You harder than ever. Soften my man's heart to Your Will and Your Ways. And soften my heart to my man's needs. I'll take the low gear. I'm sorry.

In Jesus' Name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment