Sunday, October 10, 2010

2008: A Year of Amazing Grace

I've really been thinking the last few days about this year and what my life looks like these days, how it's changed. I have been contemplating how I would sum up this year.

And finally I came up with an answer.

Looking back at this year, I've got to tell you that this year has been a year of Amazing Grace in my life.

There is always the amazing grace of God's forgiveness, but this year I've come to understand that His grace applies to so much more than just forgiveness for my sins and my failures and my shortcomings.

Grace is looking at people you love and wondering how it will ever be right between you again. And then one day you realize that things are right between you.

Grace is saying Lord I just cant keep waking up this way and going to bed this way. And then one day you realize that you haven't made that statement in ... well... you can't remember how long it's been.

Grace is loving someone so much more than you ever could've imagined loving another person, not sure if they will ever grow into the person you know they are. Praying for them, begging for their repentance. And one day you realize that when you look at him, now you see Christ.

Grace is looking at an unworkable situation, despairing and not sure what to do to make it thru. And you realize that a year has passed and that all things have worked together for your good.

Grace is carrying a burden so deep inside and not knowing how you can continue to serve a God who seems so far from you. You don't know if He really is as trustworthy as you have believed and as He has said. Yet you trust Him. Your mouth opens and worship pours forth. Praises fly off your lips and music flows from your soul because, somehow, you just know that He IS who He says He is.

Grace is being a poor, but living as though you are wealthy.

Grace is facing deep pain and being afraid you will drown, only to discover that you were never alone and that drowning wasn't in the cards for you.

Grace is looking back at a past riddled with mistakes and realizing that the road you have begun to walk has been a road of redemption - giving an opportunity to 're-do' what you didn't do (or do right) the first time around.

Grace is a love so deep that not even your own filth can keep your Lover away.

Grace is God become Life to you.

Grace is His Word becoming your breath.

Grace is His Touch soothing your soul.

Grace is God.

And God is amazing.

This has been my year. The year of Amazing Grace.

Merry Christmas, All.

Blessings.


No comments:

Post a Comment