Thursday, October 7, 2010

... And I Am Changed

Ok I keep starting this post and stopping this post.Typing and deleting. And then considering closing it out, but really wanting to share. So. I'll just let my fingers do their thing.

There is just something extra-special and marvelous about the way God works. Limbo has been my spot. Not so long ago, the Lord told me that all He's promised would come all at once. And it appears that this is true. I'm seeing some amazing things come to pass. All special and all BEYOND exciting. Truly, this is the end of the valley.

I thought I'd be more outwardly excited to be almost at the top of the mountain, but not really. This excited is an internal sort of excited. It is rooted way deep down and when it erupts, I just know it's gonna take me (and everybody else) by storm. This place is not one where the things are what's exciting. The rewards are great, don't get me wrong. But the real excitement is that I can see a truly new person in me. I truly can see the growth. The freedoms I once took so for granted? I view it all now as a privilege. I view it all as a gift that needs to be cared for and used in line with the convictions of the Giver. God's favor and His hand on my life is something I took for granted. Not anymore.

With every passing day, my life reflects more and more God's heart. The joy is that truly He is making me beautiful in His time - and His way. For the first time in my adult life, I believe in who I am created to be. I believe in God's plan for me. I was studying this morning in Exodus. Chapters 3 - 6. At the very end of chapter six, a reference is made to the promise that the Lord made to Abraham,Isaac,and Jacob - saying that in calling Moses (& Aaron), He is remembering that promise. Then it goes on to give the family tree for Israel (Jacob, after his name changed) and his descendants. There were so many names that I recall are seen later in scripture. But Moses and Aaron stuck out for me. There was nothing so special that made them great. Only that the Lord had made a promise that He was bound to fulfill. And He chose two ordinary people to walk in extraordinary relationship with Him. They were just regular men, living their lives, raising their families.

But the Lord called. And they were the two who answered. Moses, doubtful and unsure, but willing. Excuse after excuse. Afraid. But willing. He bore such a large responsibilty. He was GOD to Aaron, for crying out loud. WHO DOES THAT????

Scripture says specifically: 26 It was this same Aaron and Moses to whom the LORD said, "Bring the Israelites out of Egypt by their divisions." 27 They were the ones who spoke to Pharaoh king of Egypt about bringing the Israelites out of Egypt. It was the same Moses and Aaron.

I cannot describe how blown away I was. I am Moses. Ordinary and non-descript. There is nothing so special about me, but that I'm willing. Doubtful, afraid, excuses and all. I'm willing. Questioning the whole time. But I'm willing. Totally uncertain of my ability to weather the storms and the hard-hearted Pharaoh. But willing to serve my Master.

Total change of direction, total re-alignment. Totally new path to walk in shoes that were way too big at first.Tripping over my own feet, and feelin' awful inadequate and unequipped. BUT GOD, just like He did with Moses, made those shoes fit. He equipped me and He has led me in the same way He did Moses. I haven't had another person to guide me. I've only had the Lord. And I have been the one to guide others. Learning and growing the whole time. The Lord of Heaven and Earth has seen fit to use me.

And finally, I believe in the greatness for which He's purposed me. I believe in the plan He has for my life and my family. I believe in the ability (in Him) to do what He's called me to do.

That is the real mountaintop. The deliciousness of walking in such amazing intimacy that 3 years later, I can look at myself and know that I am changed. I am matured. I am unique and special and capable and equipped to live this plan out.

As things move forward, I have a clear vision and a heart that beats to see the unfathomable things of the Lord come to pass. He picked me. I'm that same girl who ran and hid her head in the sand for so long, who's grandmother looked at and saw that I would be the one the Lord would use to fulfill His promise to her. And still, He chose me.

How overwhelming. How absolutely, utterly overwhelming.

The fruit is ripe and fragrant and ready to be plucked from it's branches. It's harvest time you guys, and the best fruit of the harvest is, well, ME.

Because I am changed.

Really and truly be blessed, guys.
Ro

No comments:

Post a Comment