Thursday, December 6, 2012

Thankful Thursday - Authenticity




I posted on being vulnerable and not being sure I liked it too much on Saturday. Ms. Michele over at Testimony & Truth commented on that post. And one thing that really stuck with me was that being open enough to share and to take the risk of regretting such candor "...is the only way to true and authentic relationship."

I took that leap and I wasn't sure how I felt afterwards. Friday night and Saturday morning, I just didn't know what to think. I thought: 'oh boy. I've done it now. Who wants to deal w/that level of crazy?' But can I tell you that the change between us was immediate and evident? We are on a whole different plane now. Before, we were circling eachother, sometimes dancing together and most times, dancing just close enough to be sure we were on the same wavelength and just far enough away to feel the frustration of insecurity and spiritual distance. But then this weekend, because we reached for eachother, we've been given the blessing of dancing together fully and freely. It is just what we've craved, but been too afraid to reach for...

It is authentic. Honest and open and real. Ms. Michele's words ring true again and again. I'm thankful for the way the Lord works in us to give to us true relationship with eachother and Im thankful that He saw fit to soften my heart and break me in the area of withholding my truth from my love.

This is just one more desire of my heart that the Lord is seeing fit to give. How could I not thank Him for that?

Hit up Iris to get more of this goodness.

blessings.
Rosheeda

No comments:

Post a Comment