Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I've Got a New Attitude!!!

Recently I've been goin' thru some things. Trynna make my peace. Trynna convince myself that it's all good and I'm feelin' swell.

Didn't work so well for me.

I've been struggling hard (for a very long time) with some some stuff related to some things. I've taken a couple of really hard knocks, and getting up has been a struggle.

But I finally chose to get up and keep it movin'. Because who has time for the misery of old trash - trash that wasn't even MY trash, no less?

So. My new look?My new name? It's truth. Time for me to own up to my needs and my wants and to do what it takes to make it happen. Time for me to let go of everybody else's ideals and to embrace fully what the Lord had for me.

Ride or Die - some of ya'll get it. And some don't.

For the some who don't: it simply means to be about the business of getting yours, NO MATTER WHAT IT TAKES.

So today, I decided. It's time I take some things to heart and be about the business of gettin' mine.

Ride-or-Die. All-or-None.

I'm in it to win it, and I'm not lettin' go til I have everything that belongs to me.

My life for yours. (you know who you are.)

And for those that I'm talkin' to and about, I'm ready. I'll be ya ride-or-die chick.

Square business.

Love ya'll.

Lord,
My new look, this new name. Its because I understand. I'll do what You say. There are no throw-aways in my life. I can accept that it doesn't look shiny and new just yet. I want that toy you gave to me, just for the purpose that you gave it. I won't try to re-make it and 'fix' it. But I will stand, I will pray, I will fight for my toy to be used for it's purpose. I yield. Fix ME. Make ME better. Make ME righteous. Make ME pure. Make ME holy. I am not who I once was. I am not yet who I will be. But I am right where you've called me to be at this moment in my life. And instead of crying because it's hard and hurting because their toys work better than mine, I'll put on my big-girl panties and walk this thing out. Your Will for me, is just that. And I have no right to compare my walk to anyone else's. So I repent. And I will be obedient. I will get over myself and take it down a notch. I will do my part to bridge our gap. And I will trust You. This about no one and nothing but You and me. The relationship we have. The test isn't in whether or not I can stand. I will stand. You've already told me that. The test is in whether or not I believe in Your love for me and Your perfection in and for my life. And I choose to believe. Father forgive my failures and forgive my sin. Forgive my hard-heartedness and my pride. Forgive my unwillingness to APPRECIATE the effort that is made, because it hasn't been the effort I've wanted to see. I have been proud. But pride cannot coexist with love. So I surrender that prideful part of my nature to You. And I choose to value what is good and true and right. Thank you that you freed me today from the sins of the past. Allow me to walk in victory and obedience. To rejoice in the beauty that You're giving to me from the ashes of my sacrifice.

I love you,Daddy. I choose You. I choose Love. I choose Life.

I yield.

In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Ro

No comments:

Post a Comment