Sunday, March 6, 2011

Crazy Faith

It seems that everything I've heard over the last few days is about faith. Crazy faith at that. And I've needed the reminder.

Faith is so unreasonable. Makes no good sense at all. It's a stab in the (natural) dark. Literally all u got is a hope and a prayer - well, outside the obvious belief in God.

I wonder how Noah felt when he set about building the ark? Hmmm... I bet his thoughts had to be along the lines of: "Man this is crazy. I'm building a ... BOAT! Noone's ever even heard of such a thing. Getting measurements from heaven, spending all this time and so far we've never even seen RAIN. (or maybe they had seen rain, but certainly not enough to warrant a boat). What am I s'posed to do with this thing once it's built, just look at it from a distance and admire my handiwork? For real, God?! A BOAT?! I look a complete nut creating this thing from some heavenly words and what-not. My people think I've lost my mind. And honestly sometimes I think I have too. But oh well. You said build the thing. You're God so I guess you would know what You're doin. ...Eh! Lemme finish with this freakin' thing. The last thing I need is an angry Heavenly Being all up in my grill."

LOL I know. Im silly. But for real. The idea of this boat had to have been just as absurd to Noah as the idea of this being a real conversation with God.

That it, it was silly and absurd until rain started falling and just didn't stop. I bet then all them jokas were glad Noah had spent all that time w/all those heavenly measurements and what-not.

Which is just so totally convicting. Because (1) If Noah had to build a boat, why ever would I think I dont have to stay at a crazy job? Or be in a surprising relational situation? I'm not above that same crazy direction from God. Not at all.

And (2), if this whole thing was to save a remnant and start over, Noah building this thing was not at all about him. It was about the REST of humanity. And if Noah wasn't above lookin a crazy mess in order to save the human race, surely I'm not above the inconvenience of being obedient so other people stand a fighting chance to accept whatever God wants them to get from this...

For real. I bet those same cats who called Noah silly and ignant for building that thing felt some kinda way when he and his family got in the boat along w/some of the animals and they had to WATCH as Noah and his peeps drifted on away. Not to mention the family. Cuz we all know that THEY are the ones who will work a nerve. I bet his kids were all 'My bad daddy! We didn't know. We sorry. Don't be mad, k?' *insert puppy dog eyes here*

I mean really. Just imagine that scene. Noah had to be like 'oh. Noooow you wanna believe somebody. Been talkin' lip all this time and NOW cuz u dont wanna DROWN you wanna be my best friend. Get outta here! ... ... *sigh* 'Fine! C'mon. Get your people and get in so we can go! We dont have all day now!', as he steps aside to grant them passage...

Crazy faith. It is so not about us. And we are so not above looking crazy for a greater cause and the best interest of others. Certainly not when Noah's obedience is the reason I'm even sitting here typing this post... Think about that. Had he not built a boat to save a remnant, what's the likelihood humanity would still be on earth?!

Mind-bogglin.

Lemme take this big-girl pill and finish building this frikkin' boat. :D
ro

No comments:

Post a Comment