Friday, November 12, 2010

Transitions

It seems that there is always some sort of transition happening in us or around us...

It seems that I have been in that same season for the longest time now. Always a change, always an adjustment to be made. Just when I get comfortable and think things are settling down nicely they get shaken up again.

I never quite get used to it.

It seems that what used to be 'home' is really not any more. Where I used to feel like I fit, where I used to be comfortable, not so much now. And the one place I've been dying to get free from - THAT place has managed to become home to me.

It is such a wierd thing - knowing that more than anybody else, I should feel a sense of belonging but I really don't. I do, however, feel a sense of duty and of responsiblity. I know that I have a responsiblity here and I have reluctantly accepted that responsiblity, but I also know that ultimately this role isn't mine to fill.

And really, I'm ok with that.

It just isn't what I expected it would be....

It seems that in my life the only constant really IS change...



No comments:

Post a Comment