Monday, July 9, 2012

What's In a Name?

Yolanda over at Mocha Moments has a post up about what her name means and she asked us the same so I thought I'd find out and post it over here.

My first name is 'Rosheeda'. The original spelling is 'Rashida'.

Origin: Arabic
Meaning: rightly guided, righteous

My middle name is... well... a secret. But I will give the origin and meaning.

Origin: Ancient Greek
Meaning: grace, kindness

The verse that describes me is 1 Peter 1:8:
"You love him even though you have never seen him. Though you do not see him now, you trust him; and you rejoice with a glorious, inexpressible joy." (NLT)

The verse that describes who God is to me is Jeremiah 32:27:
"I am the LORD, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?" (NLT)

What a cool idea, Yolanda!

Anybody else wanna join in?

No comments:

Post a Comment